Different rooms need different décor styles. The living room requires the lively visual aura of exquisite hues while the bathrooms and bedrooms require the privacy factor. The baby’s nursery needs the most peaceful space possible in the household and hence, the window coverings in the various spaces are ought to differ accordingly.
Humidity and moisture provoke the growth of mold on the windows and hence, the windows that are prone to the most humid rooms in the household require moisture resistant coverings. The windows in the kitchen and the bathrooms are subject to mold and mildew attacks due to high moisture content.
Treatments not to be used to protect windows in the humid spaces:
- Fabricated window coverings should be avoided as the fabrics absorb moisture and may take quite some time to dry up. Moreover, the moisture causes wrinkles on the surface and discoloration while instigating the growth of mold.
- Wooden window coverings may look luxurious in most corners, but the humidity and heat destroy their exquisiteness as wood highly promotes the growth of mold and the coverings swell up when exposed to moisture.
Certain metallic materials when used for window coverings are subject to rust formation and hence, destruction. Therefore, these should also be avoided while considering coverings to be installed in bathrooms. To get more details on high quality window blinds, check out selectblindscanada.
The Pros of Moisture-resistant window coverings:
- Protection against the ill effects of moisture – Obviously, the prime purpose of the moisture resistant coverings, as suggested by the name. Bathroom windows are prone to water attacks, but the ones in the kitchen are also exposed to tremendous moisture content when water splashes happen while cooking. Moisture resistant coverings keep the growth of fungal irritants in check in order to maintain the hygiene. PVC, faux wood and aluminum are certain materials to choose from as they are moisture as well as dent resistant.
- Enhance durability – Withstanding the wrath of the weather, the extreme temperatures and the harsh moisture exposure, these coverings safeguard the windows from mold and increase their lifespan by enhancing the durability and staying in pristine conditions for a longer period.
- Resistance to microbes – Certain special materials used in these treatments make them antimicrobial, i.e., resistant to the attacks of microbes such as bacteria. They ensure hygiene by inhibiting the growth and transfer of infectious microbes.
- Smart technology implemented – Smart Z-wave motorized blinds add to the luxury and coziness as they can be easily operated via voice or mobile app from the user’s comfort zone.
- Support privacy – The coverings shield any sight from outside in order to maintain privacy while keeping the ventilation and proper light passage.
- Easy maintenance – Since moisture resistant materials are used for these coverings, they can easily be cleaned with a moist cloth, thereby reducing the maintenance hardships.
- Good insulators – They keep out the harmful radiations and keep the interiors suitably insulated.